The Baird Foundation offers four-year scholarships to exceptional students graduating from Arizona high schools every year. This small and elite group of students will join the community of Baird Scholars at the University of Arizona and the Honors College. This prestigious award is specific to the Honors College and the UA.
In addition to the Baird Foundation financial award of $12,500 per year, the University of Arizona will provide a full-tuition scholarship including mandatory student fees and the Honors College fee, currently valued at approximately $12,900/yr. These two award components would replace any resident Wildcat Tuition award offered to the recipient. Over four years, the combination of the two awards is valued at almost $100,000. Baird Scholars also enjoy community-building events throughout the year.
How to Apply
Any student who meets the application criteria below may apply, however, in order to apply, students must have already been admitted to the University of Arizona. There can be no exceptions to this stipulation, so it is imperative that students interested in applying for the Baird Scholarship complete their UA applications as early as possible.
The online Baird Scholarship application can be found in the Scholarship Universe.
The application requires:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (from a Teacher, Counselor, or Community member who is not family or friend)
- Official High School Transcript
- Two short (500 word max) essay responses
SAT or ACT scores are NOT required to apply for the Baird Scholarship.
- Be admitted to the University of Arizona for Fall 2022
- Be Arizona residents who have attended an Arizona high school for at least two years preceding admission to the University or Arizona
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.75 or higher
- September 10, 2021 - application open in Scholarship Universe
- January 10, 2022, at 11:59pm Arizona Time - application closes
- Mid-March, 2022 - all applicants notified of their status
A University of Arizona committee selects approximately 20 finalists for the scholarship, Awardees and Alternates are selected by the Baird Foundation Board. All Baird Scholars and Alternates receive automatic admission into the Honors College.
Please email Kevin Hall with any questions regarding the Baird Scholarship.