Open to incoming first-year Arizona residents, the Stamps Scholarship program recognizes and rewards exceptional scholars who exemplify leadership, scholarship, and service.
The University of Arizona is one of the newest Stamps partner institutions, welcoming our first group of five Stamps Scholars for Fall 2020. In addition to significant financial support, Stamps Scholars enjoy social and cohort-building events and activities throughout the year. These exceptional students join a national community of Scholars and Scholar Alumni across the globe.
The Stamps Scholarship is one of the largest merit-based awards available to Arizona students; consisting of a generous scholarship package that covers:
- Tuition & fees
- Room & board
- Books & supplies
- A laptop or tablet (first year only)
- and additional expenses
The scholarship also includes an additional $16,000 in enrichment funds over four years that can be used towards expenses such as:
- Study abroad programs
- Research or other internships
- Academic or co-curricular conferences
- Leadership training
We are currently finalizing the timeline for our 2024-25 Stamps Scholar application. We encourage anyone who is interested In becoming a Stamps Scholar to submit their University of Arizona application no later than December 1, 2023. All University of Arizona applicants who are admitted by December 1 and have a 3.75 or higher unweighted core high school GPA will be invited to apply for the Stamps Scholarship, which will be due on January 17th, 2024. The application will include one short essay (500 words maximum) and an activities résumé.
- The application deadline: mid-January 2023 (exact deadline TBD)
- Early February, 2024 - Semi-finalists notified
- Mid- February, 2024 - Semi-finalists interviewed to select Finalists
- Early March, 2024 - Finalists interviewed by separate committee to select Nominees and Alternates
- Mid-March, 2024 - Nominees and Alternates notified of their status
For any questions regarding the Stamps Scholarship, please contact Karna Walter.