If you are a current Arizona undergraduate student not currently in the W.A. Franke Honors College, you can still apply for honors admission.
To be eligible to apply for Franke Honors, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled University of Arizona student.
- Have completed 12 or more units at the University of Arizona.
- Have a minimum 3.4 cumulative UArizona GPA.
- Students must start their participation in the Franke Honors College with at least a 3.4 cumulative UArizona GPA. If a student's GPA drops below 3.4 between the time of their admission decision and the start of their first term in the Franke Honors College, they will become ineligible.
- Have at least three semesters remaining before graduation.
The application process is competitive. Applications are reviewed by the Franke Honors College admissions team and are judged on multiple measures including:
- Past academic performance.
- Vision for making the most out of participation in the Franke Honors College.
- Plan for graduation with honors.
- Support of academic advisor in major.
STEP 1. REVIEW INFORMATION ABOUT THE W.A. FRANKE HONORS COLLEGE
Explore the Franke Honors College website. Focus on the opportunities and requirements, so that you can make an informed decision about whether being a part of the Franke Honors College is right for you.
Pay particular attention to the Honors Graduation Policies available HERE.
STEP 2. MEET WITH YOUR MAJOR ACADEMIC ADVISOR
Talk with your major academic advisor about integrating honors into your academic plans and timelines.
STEP 3. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
Current University of Arizona students who meet the eligibility requirements can complete the Franke Honors College at any time. Applications will be reviewed monthly and admissions decisions will be sent on a rolling basis.
Students admitted will start in Franke Honors in the following semester. For example, a student who applies and is admitted in October will begin their honors participation in the spring semester.
STEP 4. IF ADMITTED TO FRANKE HONORS, ATTEND A VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSION WITH HONORS ADVISORS
If admitted, meet over Zoom with a member of the Honors Advising Team to learn more about requirements and the opportunities available to Franke Honors students. Dates and a link to RSVP will be provided with your admissions decision.
If you have questions about the application process or your eligibility to apply, please contact a Franke Honors Academic Advisor (assigned by last name):
- A-C: Kevin Miloshoff (email@example.com)
- D-H: Tori Nardinelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- I-M: Catherine Glidden (email@example.com)
- N-R & X-Z: Rachel Henson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- S-W: Chris Dziadosz (email@example.com )
Check here for more information on the Honors Fee.