Interested in transferring to the university and becoming a Franke Honors Wildcat? Here’s what you need to know.
- Log into your Future Wildcat account.
- Select your application with the “submitted” status.
- Select “open application” in the pop-up.
- On the status page that opens, select “supplemental applications” to start the Franke Honors College application.
Did you apply to the University of Arizona through the Common or Coalition app?
You will need to create a Future Wildcat account before completing the steps outlined above. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to link your Common or Coalition application to your new Future Wildcat account.
Here’s what you will need to submit:
- An activities résumé. Here you can let us know what you've been doing outside of the classroom. It could include extracurriculars, jobs, leadership, volunteering, or anything else you'd like us to know.
- A letter of recommendation. You will provide contact information for your letter writer and we will send them a personalized link to upload their letter of recommendation.
- A personal statement based on the prompt below. We recommend this personal statement be different from the optional personal statement in the University of Arizona’s application for admission.
Franke Honors College Personal Statement Prompt (Please Limit to 500 Words)
Tell the admissions committee a little about yourself. You might consider including some of the following: your background, academic interests, where those interests come from, what makes you unique, career or professional goals, obstacles you've overcome, why it's important for you to be part of the W. A. Franke Honors College, a talent you have, an extracurricular activity that's been particularly impactful, or anything else you would like for the committee to know.
HONORS APPLICATION DEADLINE
FALL 2024 Admission
Our application deadline for Fall 2024 admission for Transfer students will be May 1, 2024.
Students who apply by May 1, 2024 will be reviewed and admitted in time for August 2024 (Fall 2024).
SPRING 2024 Admission
Our application deadline for Spring 2024 admission for Transfer students will be December 1, 2023.
Students who apply by December 1 will be reviewed and admitted in time for January 2024 (Spring 2024).
HOW OUR REVIEW PROCESS WORKS
We consider students holistically for admission to honors and that decision is based on several criteria. Factors include your cumulative transfer GPA, your personal statement, recommendation, and extracurricular and leadership experiences.
Admissions decisions for transfer applicants will be released on a rolling basis. You will be notified of your admissions decision with next steps via mail and/or email. To finalize your enrollment, log into the Next Steps Center.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about applying to the Franke Honors College as a transfer student, please contact Alex Nuñez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions for additional details about the Franke Honors College.