WHAT WILL YOU ACHIEVE?
Let’s find out together. Here’s how to apply to the W.A. Franke Honors College.
- Log into your Future Wildcat account.
- Select your application with the “submitted” status.
- Select “open application” in the pop-up.
- On the status page that opens, select “supplemental applications” to start the Franke Honors College application.
Did you apply to the University of Arizona through the Common or Coalition app?
You will need to create a Future Wildcat account before completing the steps outlined above. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to link your Common or Coalition application to your new Future Wildcat account.
Here’s what you will need to submit:
- An activities résumé. Here you can let us know what you've been doing outside of the classroom. It could include extracurriculars, jobs, leadership, volunteering, or anything else you'd like us to know.
- A letter of recommendation. You will provide contact information for your letter writer and we will send them a personalized link to upload their letter of recommendation.
- A personal statement based on the prompt below. We recommend this personal statement be different from the optional personal statement in the University of Arizona’s application for admission.
Franke Honors College Personal Statement Prompt (Please Limit to 500 Words)
Please tell the admissions committee a little about yourself. You might consider including some of the following: your background, academic interests, where those interests come from, what makes you unique, career or professional goals, obstacles you've overcome, why it's important for you to be part of the Franke Honors College, a talent you have, an extracurricular activity that's been particularly impactful, or anything else you would like for the committee to know.
If you chose to submit an optional personal statement for your University of Arizona application, you may use all or part of it again here, but please make sure the personal statement you submit for Honors addresses the above prompt and why you are interested in the Franke Honors College. Please limit your response to 500 words.
The W.A. Franke Honors College application process is test-free. You will not be penalized for including your ACT and/or SAT scores, but neither will be required or considered.
HONORS APPLICATION DEADLINES
FALL 2024 Admission
Deadline: February 1, 2024
HOW OUR REVIEW PROCESS WORKS
We consider students holistically for admission to honors and that decision is based on several criteria. Factors include your core unweighted high school GPA, the rigor of your high school schedule (to include honors/AP/IB classes taken in high school), your personal statement, recommendation, and extracurricular and leadership experiences.
Please note that we only look at core unweighted GPAs – if your school has weighted grades, we will unweight them to calculate your GPA for honors and university admission, and focus on your core 16 classes.
IF YOU ARE ADMITTED…
You will be notified with next steps via mail and/or email. To finalize your enrollment, log into the Next Steps Center.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions for additional details about the Franke Honors College.