Study Away Policy

Student in France

Students in the Honors College who are enrolling in a Study Away credit-bearing experience may apply for an Honors unit credit reduction. Study Away experiences include but are not limited to study abroad, research, internships, and other experiences outside of Pima County. After students complete their Study Away Application with an Honors staff member, students will be notified if their experience is approved. Approved experiences will receive a  credit reduction pending a completed Study Away Course prior to the start of the next academic semester.

Your study away application and meeting needs to take place prior to the semester you plan to study away. Students who are enrolled in Honors approved student exchanges will be automatically considered for a credit reduction, but will still need to complete the application.

Once you complete the application you will need to email Dr. Lysette Davi at to set up your study away meeting and discuss details of the 7 week course.